When moving, packing your bathroom stuff may seem as easy as tossing everything into a few boxes and smashing a label.
However, it takes adequate time, planning and preparation.
Good chances you may have got a couple of shampoo or conditioner bottles that are on their last leg. You cannot simply pack these items and cross off that task from your moving checklist.
Moreover, you need to have your bathroom functional up to the last couple of days.
Hire a reliable moving company that has expertise in packing and transporting all your stuff with ease. Visit https://www.cbdmovers.com.au/removals/removalists-melbourne/ and request a quote.
Keep reading the blog to learn more tips to pack all the bathroom items safely and efficiently for a move.
Sorting your items into groups will give you a realistic idea of what you should pack, throw or sell.
Categorise your stuff into the following groups:
- Electrical items— hair dryers, curling rods, razors, epilators, etc.
- Toiletries—toothpaste, brushes, handwash, body lotions, etc.
- Hair products—Shampoos, hair masks, conditioners, etc.
- Cosmetics—Lipstick, lip liner, mascara, shades, eyeliners, etc.
- Paper products—toilet paper, tissue paper, etc.
- Miscellaneous—Shaving accessories, cleaning supplies and medicines.
Sorting your items will help your removalists in Perth to know the contents of the moving containers and offer a hassle-free experience
After sorting your stuff, you may be left with items that are damaged, old and unnecessary to pack.
This includes almost-used shampoo bottles, dried up soap bars, disposable razors and half-rolls of toilet papers.
Moving offers you the best opportunity to clear out your overcrowded and cluttered bathroom cabinets and drawers.
Some ways to purge your items are:
- Donate identical hair appliances like curling rods or dryer to local charitable organisations
- Throw away expired, dried out or damaged makeup products or empty liquid bottles
- Give away shampoo bottles or any other bathroom product you no use to your friends or relatives
3. Gather packing supplies
Just because your bathroom is small doesn’t mean it’s easy to pack and move.
You will need adequate packing materials to prevent spills and to ensure items reach intact at the new location.
- Plastic bags: Pack all liquid containing bottles like shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion in sealable plastic bags with utmost care.
- Bubble wrap: Wrap vulnerable bathroom accessories and glass containers separately in bubble wrap to avoid any damage during the relocation process.
- Sturdy boxes: To keep your toiletries safe, pack them in sturdy boxes.
- zip-top bags: Pack nail polishes and polish removers in zip-top bags.
Hire the best removalists in Ballarat, as they have all the packing supplies and tools to pack and transport your household stuff efficiently.
4. Seal all the bottles
Probably you may have half-used and opened shampoo, body wash or other liquid containing bottles that can spill and damage your other items.
These products require utmost care and handling. It’s advisable to seal the openings of all containers holding liquids with plastic wrap.
5. Pack essentials separately
There is nothing more annoying than tearing all boxes just to find a toothbrush.
Pack separate items like body wash, toothbrush, toothpaste, towel etc. that you need until the last days before your move, during the process and in the first couple of days in your new home.
However, packing and loading your stuff can be hectic. Hire top movers and packers in Sydney who can perform the entire process with the highest safety standards.
- Keep the first-aid kit handy
- Label the boxes containing delicate bathroom items as “Handle with care”
- Dispose of paint, ammonia, bleach or other cleaning supplies before moving
- Pack your medicines in your essential box
- Pack bathroom mats, towels and bathrobes on the top of heavy moving containers
- Use towels and linen to provide enough padding and cushioning to your sensitive items
- Before packing, make sure all your bathroom items are fully dry to avoid the growth of mould on the boxes
- Don’t flush your bathroom items
- If your towels, shower curtains or any other linen have holes use them to clean your home
- Use all cleaning supplies and half-full bottles before your move
In the end…
Packing the bathroom is not as tough as it seems.
By following the above tips, you can make your move hassle-free and can pack your bathroom stuff efficiently in less time.
Also, hire a professional moving company to ensure a smooth relocation. Visit this website to seek help.